Privacy statement for applicants and employees
(job applicant, candidate temporary employee, domestic worker)
At Umani Group, we attach great importance to protecting the personal data that we collect. We treat and secure these details with the greatest possible care, in accordance with the applicable legislation in Belgium. We do everything we can to protect the personal details provided to us from loss, destruction, disclosure, unauthorised access or improper use.
In this privacy statement, we explain who we are, when and why we need your personal data, what data we collect, how and for how long we process them, to whom we may transfer them, what your rights are and how you may exercise them.
This privacy statement is intended for you when:
- You register or have registered with Umani Group in order to be guided and mediated by us in your search for work, whether or not as a temporary employee;
- You work for Umani Group as an employee, temporary employee or other.
1.Who are we?
Umani Group, part of Hive-5 bv with its registered office at 3500 Hasselt, Herkenrodesingel 8d / 2.01, is responsible for processing your personal data (Controller within the meaning of the GDPR).
2.When do we collect your personal data?
We collect your data as soon as you fill in or leave your details on our website or on one of our IT applications/tools, when you register in one of our branches or when you register in another way (e.g. job fair) or have someone else register you (e.g. for temporary work via a user’s own selection – payroll) in order to use our services.
We may also collect your data when you have made it public on public/social media (e.g. LinkedIn) that could indicate your interest in work-related services. In that case, we will first ask you if you are interested in signing up with us in accordance with our terms and conditions and this privacy statement. If you are not interested, we may process some limited data about you in order to honour your wish not to be contacted by us.
3.Why do we need your personal data?
We collect your personal data for the purposes set out below and will not use your personal data for any other purpose without informing you in advance and, if necessary, obtaining your consent.
More specifically, we use your personal data to, where applicable:
- include you in our database of applicants, which we use to select suitable candidates for the positions for which we are recruiting (as temporary workers, domestic workers, permanent or temporary employees within the Umani Group itself). If, in the future, our selection activities involve selection based solely on automated processing, including profiling, without the intervention of a consultant, we will inform you upon request of the existence of such selection, the reason for it and the expected consequences for you.
- To be able to determine your profile and assess your suitability as a candidate for the positions for which we are recruiting. In doing so, we may use the results of tests we take from you (online personality tests, language tests, assessments, etc.) and of (online) reference checks that we only carry out with your explicit consent with the persons/companies you have indicated. We may also ask you to voluntarily provide more information about yourself in order to increase your chances of employment.
- To send you interesting vacancies and job offers by telephone, e-mail, text message or other media. You can manage your contact details yourself via your online profile on “my Umani Group” or via your consultant in your Umani Group office. This is partly done by our consultants and partly automated.
- To be able to provide you with information about Umani Group services and other activities (e.g. job fairs or other events that might interest you) and to tailor these better to your needs and competencies.
- To promote your personal development and employability by offering you (short) training courses, coaching, workshops, etc. at one of the Umani Group companies.
We use your data for the execution of the HR services for which you have registered with us, including recruitment and selection, temporary employment, employment as a household help within the framework of service cheques, project sourcing (carrying out assignments for clients as a permanent employee of Umani Group).
Umani Group uses your personal data itself or a third party to, as the case may be:
- enter into and maintain a mediation relationship with you and carry out the relevant administration for this.
- Enter into and maintain a relationship with you as an employer and carry out all related administration, such as personnel management, payroll processing, welfare at work, occupational health (medical examinations), etc.
- To approach you for commercial offers, newsletters and Umani Group promotions/marketing campaigns (e.g. invitations to take part in competitions, information about events organised by Umani Group, etc.) which may be of interest to you, where you have given your consent (via your profile on “my Umani Group” or via your consultant in your Umani Group office).
- Apply for subsidies (social security reductions, exemption from income tax, premiums, etc.).
- To comply with legal obligations, including the application of labour, tax and social security legislation, the fight against fraud, illegal employment and terrorism, the application of national and international sanctions legislation, etc. …
- Meet certain quality objectives, such as obtaining and maintaining certain certificates or quality labels.
- Monitor and measure the quality of our services. To this end, we or any third party we designate may ask you to participate in surveys and use and process the information obtained to improve the quality of our services.
- To carry out internal controls to prevent fraud and to carry out (internal/external) audits and inspections.
- Providing statistical information for surveys of interest to Umani Group or our sector federation Federgon (professional federation of HR service providers). In this case, we use aggregated personal data, whereby you are not individually identifiable in the results made public by Umani Group or shared with third parties.
- To ensure corporate security. This may include checking your identity when you enter our offices. We may also monitor activity on our systems to prevent the misuse of information held in our databases and to protect our interests and those of all those in our databases.
4.What personal data do we process from you?
We process personal data which is necessary for the provision of our services. Some of this data (e.g. identity, education, work experience, …) is mandatory to be able to use our services. Additional data (e.g. references, personal preferences for certain positions, motivation letter, complete CV, …) is not mandatory but may be desirable in order to better tailor our services to your needs and qualities or to fulfil more specific requests or obligations from Umani Group clients or customers. If you choose to provide us with your details, we may use these details and share them with clients and principals in the context of your job placement or employment.
You are responsible for the accuracy and relevance of the information you provide. You are well advised to inform us of any changes in your personal details as soon as possible.
Your consent: When registering online or in an office, you give us your consent online via your profile on “my Umani Group” or via the form provided to process your personal data for the purposes of mediation and selection activities, for taking references from the people/companies you have indicated or for receiving commercial offers.
When we conclude an employment contract with you, we need a number of details in order to draw up the contract and implement it correctly. As you are usually employed by one of our clients, we also need your contact details in order to fulfil our contractual obligations and exchange information with our clients about your performance.
Our services are subject to numerous legal obligations. We must have all the information necessary to fulfil these obligations, or to be able to prove in the event of an audit that we have fulfilled our obligations, in a timely manner and for the full duration of these obligations. For example, we must report your employment in time to the authorities (=Dimona declaration), calculate your salary correctly and pay it into your bank account in time, and report your services to the various social security authorities and the tax authorities.
If necessary, we will use your data to fulfil legitimate interests of Umani Group or third parties. This may happen, for example, for access controls or internal controls and audits to ensure the security and continuity of our systems and businesses. This legitimate interest also exists when we need to keep your data for the purpose of establishing, exercising or supporting any legal claim.
This includes the following personal data:
- First name, surname, address, e-mail address, telephone number and other contact details;
- Place and date of birth, gender, marital status;
- Nationality and, if necessary, proof of identity, work permit and residence permit (verification required on the basis of the aliens employment contract);
- INSZ number (as a unique identification number in our IT systems and in the context of compulsory declarations to and contacts with the various government authorities);
- Curriculum vitae (CV), motivation letter, information about education/diplomas and work experience, publicly available data (including social media), information that you give to our consultant or our client during (job) interviews with them;
- Photographs and video introductions (only on a voluntary basis) – if necessary, a separate photo agreement will be drawn up;
- Data, including results, about training courses and/or tests/assessments that you have attended or taken yourself or through Umani Group;
- Other details that may be important in assessing your suitability as a candidate, such as certificates and references (only with your written permission);
- Details of your availability and holiday periods;
- Evaluations of your knowledge, skills, attitude, etc.; …. …;
- Other data required for correct administrative processing (personnel management, salary processing and payment, absence registration, etc.). …).
What special personal data do we collect from you, if any:
- Criminal record: we only ask for this if it is legally required for Umani Group or for the client or customer where we employ you.
- Health data: we do not process health data except in the context of the legislation on welfare at work (medical examination certificates) and the declaration and management of accidents at work. If you voluntarily provide us with personal data about your health, we will only register these data at your express request and only if they could have an impact on your job search and the tasks you have to perform.
5.With whom do we share your personal data?
Umani Group may only share certain of your personal details if this is necessary for the implementation of your mediation or employment, the realisation of the objectives stated under C, the fulfilment of a legal obligation (on the part of Umani Group or a third party), or to protect a legitimate interest (on the part of Umani Group or a third party):
- to other companies of the Umani Group in Belgium for, among other things
- The provision of support activities in the context of your search for work/professional development (workshops, job offers, etc.);
- Internal services (administrative tasks relating to your mediation and employment, IT services, etc.);
- promotions and marketing campaigns (insofar as you have given your consent to this); – internal audits;
- creening of persons within the framework of the European legislation concerning financial sanctions (financing of terrorism);
- To suppliers of Umani Group, for such purposes as:
- -The provision of services or the performance of tasks and assignments in the name of and on behalf of the Umani Group (e.g. IT providers, cloud providers, social secretariat, research agencies, access security, submission of subsidy files, etc.);
- To external medical prevention services, meal voucher and eco voucher suppliers, insurance companies, etc.);
- The provision of services to the Umani Group in the context of employment (e.g. to our auditors, audit firms, etc.).
- to our auditors, audit and certification offices, for example: to (the audit office or research office of) Federgon (professional federation of HR service providers), for example:
- obtaining and maintaining the quality label of Federgon;
- Scientific research;
- Satisfaction surveys;
- statistical purposes;
- to various government agencies:
- federal and regional inspection services and accreditation bodies;
- Social security agencies;
- To any other third party where we are required to do so by law, court order or judgement. Your personal data will not be sold, rented or made commercially available by Umani Group to third parties, except with your prior consent.
In certain cases, your personal data may be transferred outside Belgium and outside the European Union. In this case, Umani Group will take the necessary contractual and technical security measures to ensure that all personal data transferred is adequately protected against loss or unlawful processing. For further questions in this regard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to sectoral funds for subsistence security (e.g. end-of-year premium for temporary employees);
In the event that we are obliged to do so by GDPR legislation, we will conclude a processing agreement with these processors and will do everything in our power to ensure that they provide sufficient protection for your personal data.
6.How long do we keep your personal data?
We guarantee that we will not keep your data any longer than required by law or the internal regulations applicable within our company.
The standard retention periods depend on the purposes for which we process your data and whether or not you are employed by Umani Group.
We apply the following retention periods to the mediation data that you provide to us via your online profile in my Umani Group on our website www.Umani Group.be or via registration with a consultant in a Umani Group office or HR centre:
- All personal data that we need to support you in your job search (CVs, education, test results, work expectations, etc.) remain actively available in our database as long as your mediation file is updated. The latter occurs whenever you or Umani Group takes action on your file (e.g. supplementing recent work experience, adding an updated CV, contacting us about a vacancy, training or job offer, etc.).
- After 12 months of inactivity in your file, you will automatically receive an e-mail asking whether you wish to continue to be actively supported by Umani Group. In the event of a negative response, we will only keep your data for a period of 4 years because of certain statutory limitation periods.
- In the absence of a response, or in the event of a positive response without further updating of your mediation file, we will again notify you 12 months later by e-mail that we will only keep your data for a period of 3 years because of certain statutory limitation periods, unless you decide at that time to update your file yourself.
If you also work or have worked for Umani Group, we will retain all your employment data (identification, services, salary data, multifunctional declaration to the National Social Security Office, tax declaration, etc.) for a period of 7 years after the end of your employment contract. We do this to meet all kinds of social, fiscal and other legal obligations and limitation periods.
Umani Group does everything in its power to optimally secure your personal details against unlawful use. We do this by means of physical, administrative and technological measures.
For example, only authorised people are given access to our offices and our systems. Access is limited to the systems they need for professional reasons. These persons must know our internal policy on privacy and data protection and apply it correctly. Where data is provided to third parties, Umani Group agrees with these third parties that they too will provide optimum protection for personal data.
8.What are your rights?
Umani Group processes your personal details in accordance with the provisions of this privacy statement. As a party involved, you have a number of rights that you can exercise at any time.
You can exercise the following rights:
-Right to refuse or withdraw your consent
We will not process your data if you do not give us permission to use your personal data to guide you to work, but then you will not be able to use the mediation services of Umani Group.
Once you have given your permission for us to help you find a job, you can withdraw your permission. This will result in your mediation file being deleted in accordance with the right to data erasure (see below).
You must withdraw your permission for the use of your personal data for promotions and marketing actions of Umani Group in your online profile on my Umani Group, where you can manage your permission to receive marketing actions by e-mail or SMS without any intervention by Umani Group. If you do not have an online profile, you must do this via your consultant in your Umani Group office, who will have you sign a document to this effect.
The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of that data before the withdrawal or the lawfulness of the processing of (some of) the same data.
-right to object
You can oppose the processing of your personal data. You can only do so against processing that is based on the legitimate interests of Umani Group or a third party (see point C above). When exercising this right, you must specify in the form which processing you are objecting to, and for which specific reasons. This is necessary in order to correctly weigh up the interests at stake.
-Right of Inspection
You can ask for confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed.
If this is the case, you can request the following information: the processing purposes, the categories of personal data we hold on you, the categories of recipients of these data (third countries or international organisations), the retention period and or the criteria for determining it, your other rights, other sources of origin of your data and the existence of automated decision-making. When providing this information, we must always take into account the rights and freedoms of other persons.
If you have an online profile at my Umani Group, you automatically have access to a large part of the personal data that is registered about you (and by you).
-Right to rectification (improvement and addition)
You can request that any (personal) information that you believe to be incorrect or incomplete be corrected or supplemented. When exercising this right, you must indicate in the form exactly what data you wish to correct or supplement.
If you have an online profile on my Umani Group, then you can, without any intervention by Umani Group, correct and complete a large part of your personal data yourself.
Incorrect objective personal details (e.g. incorrect spelling of your name, incorrect address, …) will always be corrected as requested. Subjective personal data that you consider inaccurate (e.g. negative evaluation, unfavourable test results, …) will only be corrected if we agree with you. If not, we will not adjust these personal data, but we will note your possible additional statement about this.
-right of portability
You have the right to have the personal data that you have provided to Umani Group transferred by Umani Group in electronic form to yourself (using the e-mail address that you provide in your request form) or to another processing agent that you have designated (using the e-mail address that you provide in your request form).
-right to data erasure (oblivion)
In the cases provided for by the GDPR, including the withdrawal of your consent to be mediated for work by Umani Group, we will proceed with the deletion of your mediation file.
-Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted when:
7.You have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted if:
You dispute the accuracy of your personal data (for the duration of the verification by Umani Group);
The processing of your personal data by Umani Group is unlawful, but you do not wish to exercise your right to erasure;
we no longer need your personal data for the purposes specified in this privacy statement.
In principle, you can exercise your rights free of charge. You can do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
At the latest within one month after receipt of your e-mail, we will inform you in writing about the action we have taken on your request. Depending on the difficulty of your request or the number of requests we also receive from other persons, this period may be extended by two months. In this case, we will inform you of this extension within one month after receipt of your e-mail.
In some cases (e.g. legal obligations, rights of other persons, limitation periods, …) you will not be able to fully exercise your rights. You will then be informed of the reasons why we cannot or cannot fully meet your request.
10.Questions, remarks, complaints and data leaks
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about the protection of your personal details by Umani Group or about this privacy statement, you can contact Umani Group via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (GBA) at the following address: Rue du Palais 35, 1000 Brussels.
If you are aware of a data leak, or suspect one, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
For various reasons, Umani Group may make improvements, additions or changes to this privacy statement. The most recent version can be viewed on the Umani Group website at all times.
This version is dated January 2021.